LEARNING CENTER CD/DVD replication Intellectual property rights and licensing
Intellectual property rights and licensing

For every order we ask the client to fill out an Intellectual Property Rights form, which basically states that the customer owns the rights to reproduce all the materials on the CD or DVD. The materials includes music, video clips and software. Every customer is required to fill out this form for every job that we produce, without it the job will be on hold.

Sampling and other third party materials If your content contains materials that you do not own, you need to obtain the appropriate license for legally be using it. If you are recording a cover of someone else's song, then you are required to obtain the Mechanical license in order to legally reproduce it. If your content contains an existing recording, you need to purchase a Master Use Licensing from the record label or the rights owner. Companies such as the Harry Fox Agency makes obtaining licenses easy.

If your content contains third-party software such as Quicktime, Window Media Player, check their website for special licensing agreement for distribution. Even though they are free software for download, a distribution license maybe required to put it on a disc.

Do I need a license if the products are not for sale? Yes you need permission to use licensed materials even if it's not for sale.







Mission Statement
Client List
Press Release

CD Jewel Case
CD Jacket
CD Wallet
CD Discpak
CD Eco-Friendy
Direct Mail CD
Bulk CD Replication
Mini CD Replication
Silkscreen CD-R
Custom USB Drives

Amaray-style DVD Case
DVD Jacket
DVD Wallet
DVD Discpak
Eco-Friendly DVD
Direct Mail DVD
Bulk DVD Replication
Mini DVD Replication
Silkscreen DVD-R
Blu-Ray Replication
DVD Copy Protection

Request a quote
New Customer Form
Learning Center
Product Gallery
How to Order
Graphic Template
Upload Files
Terms and Conditions
Site Map
Privacy Policy


Free Tips & Hints Newsletter